All in all, you can finish this game in a few hours (depending on how fast you read I suppose). I've played through it twice so far, but haven't beat it. I'm going to wait on a third time though, since similar to reading a book, I know basically what's coming next (the choose your own adventure options do eventually bring you to the same plot points, it's just a matter of how you get there and how ready you are).
I definitely recommend picking the game up and checking it out. Here's a link to the Google Play Store version, but I believe it's available pretty much everywhere.
"The Great Tournament" is a 180,000 word interactive fantasy novel by Philip Kempton, where your choices control the story. It's entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
• Choose your attributes and train your skills in order to win in tournaments.
• Become a hero of the realm or use your power to take control over the kingdom.
• Unique combat and character generation ensures no one game is the same.
• Fight for glory, love, or power in the Great Tournament.
• Multiple endings with different story lines.