Every year the Internet explodes with fake news on April Fools. Since some of the stories in gaming can be fun, I decided to catalog them here. If you have a particular story that isn't noted, hit up the comments.
- Blizzard Outcasts is the new fake brawler by Blizzard. That said, fighting as Deckard Cain sounds pretty rad. http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/games/outcasts/
- While not gaming related, Think Geek has a pretty fun Flux Capacitor USB car charger. http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/1ba1/?srp=2
- Guild Wars 2 set all the in game players heads to bobble. http://i.imgur.com/m4GmxvB.jpg
- Path of Exile just went pay to win. Candy Crush players rejoice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w19sqGjmNlY
- League of Legends Rapid Fire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=misAyNLuoQg
- Boogie2988 plays Half-life 3 for 30 minutes. Nearly perfect satire, my personal favorite of the bunch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLq-KmI3VKc
Just a Dota 2 patch: http://wyksblog.com/thecolony/
LoL Rapid Fire: "after looking at global data on bans...people just don't want Kassadin in the game. Accordingly, he's been deleted. We also removed Ryze." Too funny :).
What do you think about this one?
Pranks aside, it might work, but I highly doubt it would work that well. Interesting idea, though :)