The Leaderboard of the Dead Top 10
- MyDude: 108 Deaths
- Gemini: 100 Deaths
- Golok: 91 Deaths
- Conan: 85 Deaths
- Maverick: 80 Deaths
- Declan: 61 Deaths
- Marixu Cas: 59 Deaths
- Zehronious: 51 Deaths
- Digg.com: 47 Deaths
- Ktara: 47 Deaths
- Mydude: 115 kills
- Maverick: 89 kills
- Caz: 80 kills
- Gemini: 60 kills
- Zehronious: 48 kills
- Tiberius: 43 kills
- Button Smasher: 40 kills
- Rodnalf: 37 kills
- Rather Dashing: 37 kills
- Ktara 37 kills
All the adventurers below have one paragon point, so I'll just note the wyvern kills/current level.
- Declan: 9 Wyvern Kills, level 7
- MyDude: 9 Wyvern Kills, level 6
- Golok: 8 Wyvern Kills, level 11
- Friday: 8 Wyvern Kills, level 9
- Conan: 8 Wyvern Kills, level 4
- GregoPeck: 7 Wyvern Kills, level 10
- Maverick: 7 Wyvern Kills, level 6
- Gemini: 7 Wyvern Kills, level 9
- Zehronious: 6 Wyvern Kills, level 8
- Caz: 5 Wyvern Kills, level 7
We've made quite a few changes since our last State of the Wyvern. You've been playing with them in the game for a while now, but just in case you missed some:
- Support / Questions / Bugs: Added a new section for people to find help with questions, support or bug reports.
- Bank Interest Change: Hats now effect the interest rate at the bank.
- Pumpkin Festival: The Pumpkin Festival is in full swing in Other Places.
- Pumpkin Festival Theme: Check out this savory theme now available in user settings.
- New Shrine: Added the Wyvernslayer's Shrine to Primrose Park. (The first people to kill the Wyvern 5 times get immortalized for all time in a game)
- Wyvern Fights: We now properly rotate the Wyvern fight power in cycles of 5. So the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th power levels wrap around at the 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th fights and again ad infinitum!
- Wyvern Battle POWER MOVE: You can now hug the Wyvern. (Thanks to Will for this suggestion)
- The Leaderboard of the Dead: We now have The Leaderboards of Death in the Graveyard and count player deaths.
- Paragon & The Endgame: Every 5th Wyvern kill gets you a paragon coin. Learn more about them and how you can spend them in Helga's.
- New monster: Added a new level 1 Monster Annoying Bug.
- Daily News: When a player kills the Wyvern we note the kill number in the daily news entry.
- Daily News: You can now get a link to an individual piece of daily news to share.
- Send Mail More Easily: Added a link to send mail to someone on their profile page. Way less tapping or typing, yay!
- Town Square Organization: We've had the classic Town Square menu ordering for quite some time and it's placement didn't quite make sense with what's most important in a game day. We've organized the Town Square to make what you do the most in a game day the most prominent. Hopefully you find this change useful especially on mobile. We also moved Calinda's Hof to Other Places.
The Traveling Gnome Village, December 20 - 27
Just yesterday, someone asked me "When are you going to do something like the Pumpkin Festival again?" Here's your answer: December 20! The Traveling Gnome Village is a new event allows you to visit the Mythical Presents Elf and open presents. These presents could have all kinds of good stuff in them, but truly lucky adventurers will get a full weapon upgrade! It is the season of giving, after all, so you can also send a present to a friend every game day.
Some of you loved the Pumpkin Festival theme, and some are even still using it as their daily driver. With The Traveling Gnome Village, feast your eyes on four new themes that will unlock on 12/20 and remain in the game for those who want to stay in the Gnome Village spirit all year round.
The Turn of the Page, December 29 - January 2
This is a smaller event commemorating the New Year. Enjoy more forest fights, experience gain, and gold find!
Tale of the White Wyvern Season 1!
Get ready to dive back in at ground zero with a very different experience! Season games are temporary games that have tweaked rules, and our first season will run January 1, 2020 - March 1, 2020.
This season will have 40 forest fights per day (not including any bonuses), 5 PvP fights per day, and 3000 starting gold. We expect this one will move a bit faster than our main game.
When the season is over, we will commemorate the winners of the Leaderboard of the Dead, the PvP Leaderboard, and the Hall of Honored Adventurers on new shrines in Primrose Park. The game will remain open and can be explored, but the monsters will have left the land. You can still continue your conversations, engage in PvP, and get random forest encounters.
We don't have much to say about Season 2 just yet, but it will start shortly after Season 1 ends. We have different game types in mind for seasons, in addition to tweaking the variables mentioned above. One of those is races, where rather than an end date, we have an end goal-- for example, the first person to get 5 wyvern kills wins. In those situations, we'd end the game when that goal is achieved rather than on a timer, but the same rules would apply as for post-game exploration.
A cool new feature we're working on is Fishing! This will work somewhat similarly to forest fights, in that you have a set number you can do per day. You can fish in a few different areas, and find a wide variety of fish with an equally wide variety of effects, such as extra forest fights or an attack buff. But you won't know what that effect is until you eat it the first time. These effects will be temporary and will expire after the current game day. Some fish won't do much for you, but will sell well, so fishing could be how you make your fortune. Asadi doesn't sell stuff for cheap, right?
We don't have a release window for Fishing yet, but we hope to share more info soon.
Accessibility and clean up
Finally, we want to present the best game we can to the widest range of people, and some of our controls are problematic to folks who experience the web via screen readers. We are working to clean that up, and to clean up other minor interface issues that have accumulated over the months.
Thank you so much for playing Tale of the White Wyvern! Let us know what you think about the new features, and if you need help we have some threads just for that purpose.
If you have a general game question, support request, or suggestion:
If you have a bug to report:
Thanks again, and we'll see you January 1st for Season 1!
If you haven't played Tale of the White Wyvern yet, head over to https://thewhitewyvern.com/ now to play for free!
Cool stuff! I'm looking forward to the new stuff. Also, it's nice to see me in the top 10 list.